Friday, August 16, 2013
A gathering to honor June Campbell, who passed away Aug. 10 in Hood River, will be held Sept. 7 at 1 p.m. at the Hood River Valley Adult Center, 2010 Sterling Place.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Services for Harold E. “Pete” Richards, who passed away Aug. 11, 2013, in White Salmon, Wash., will be held at 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, 1140 Tucker Road, Hood River.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- The Porch for May 20
- Columbia Center offers Summer Arts class scholarships
- HR Valley Residents Committee: ‘Long-term watchdogs’ celebrate Sunday
- Parkdale teacher wins ‘Math Excellence Award’
- Letters to the Editor for May 20
- Morrison Park: Yes to re-zone, but dig in first
- Another Voice: Mexico: my thoughts and personal experiences
- Police Log, April 24 to May 14
- ‘No’ on NORCOR bond, close races for Port, Schools
- Moro: Azure weed plan takes root
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge