Saturday, August 17, 2013
Columbia Gorge CASA launches a new annual fundraising event called “CASAS for CASA,” a custom-built child’s playhouse raffle. The contemporary playhouse was built for CASA by local contractor Gary Fox, and features a covered front porch, Dutch front door, indoor climbing wall, multiple windows, chalk board walls, and more.
Susan Erickson, CASA’s director, says “the home theme of this event fits perfectly into CASA’s mission, which is to advocate for local children in foster care and ensuring that they are placed in a safe, loving and permanent home as quickly possible.”
Raffle tickets are $20 each or three for $50 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, Klindts Booksellers in The Dalles or via CASA volunteers and staff.
The house will continue to be displayed at community events through the end of August. For an updated list of where it will be next, go to CASA’s website: gorgecasa.org.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge