Saturday, August 17, 2013
Columbia Gorge CASA launches a new annual fundraising event called “CASAS for CASA,” a custom-built child’s playhouse raffle. The contemporary playhouse was built for CASA by local contractor Gary Fox, and features a covered front porch, Dutch front door, indoor climbing wall, multiple windows, chalk board walls, and more.
Susan Erickson, CASA’s director, says “the home theme of this event fits perfectly into CASA’s mission, which is to advocate for local children in foster care and ensuring that they are placed in a safe, loving and permanent home as quickly possible.”
Raffle tickets are $20 each or three for $50 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, Klindts Booksellers in The Dalles or via CASA volunteers and staff.
The house will continue to be displayed at community events through the end of August. For an updated list of where it will be next, go to CASA’s website: gorgecasa.org.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge