Saturday, August 17, 2013
Columbia Gorge CASA launches a new annual fundraising event called “CASAS for CASA,” a custom-built child’s playhouse raffle. The contemporary playhouse was built for CASA by local contractor Gary Fox, and features a covered front porch, Dutch front door, indoor climbing wall, multiple windows, chalk board walls, and more.
Susan Erickson, CASA’s director, says “the home theme of this event fits perfectly into CASA’s mission, which is to advocate for local children in foster care and ensuring that they are placed in a safe, loving and permanent home as quickly possible.”
Raffle tickets are $20 each or three for $50 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, Klindts Booksellers in The Dalles or via CASA volunteers and staff.
The house will continue to be displayed at community events through the end of August. For an updated list of where it will be next, go to CASA’s website: gorgecasa.org.
More like this story
- Fire near Eagle Creek flares back up
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge