Saturday, August 17, 2013
Columbia Gorge CASA launches a new annual fundraising event called “CASAS for CASA,” a custom-built child’s playhouse raffle. The contemporary playhouse was built for CASA by local contractor Gary Fox, and features a covered front porch, Dutch front door, indoor climbing wall, multiple windows, chalk board walls, and more.
Susan Erickson, CASA’s director, says “the home theme of this event fits perfectly into CASA’s mission, which is to advocate for local children in foster care and ensuring that they are placed in a safe, loving and permanent home as quickly possible.”
Raffle tickets are $20 each or three for $50 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, Klindts Booksellers in The Dalles or via CASA volunteers and staff.
The house will continue to be displayed at community events through the end of August. For an updated list of where it will be next, go to CASA’s website: gorgecasa.org.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge