Saturday, August 17, 2013
Agents and staff members from Windermere Real Estate offices throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington took the day off June 21 to volunteer for a variety of causes in the communities they serve.
Community Service Day is a company-wide Windermere tradition that dates back to 1984. Agents and staff from Windermere’s 300 offices participated in this recent day of service.
In the Gorge, the Windermere volunteer team helped a variety of causes and organizations. Their projects included:
- n Tending to the Columbia Parking Lot and the fifth Street City Park - Agents from the Hood River office removed litter and weeds, and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Sprucing up People’s City Park - Brokers from the Windermere office in The Dalles picked up litter, pulled weeds and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Teaming up with the City of Stevenson for the downtown cleanup - Brokers from the Stevenson office washed buildings, sidewalks and windows, and planted flowers.
- n Delivering more than 475 pounds of food to the local food bank - Brokers from the Bingen office donated more than $700 to purchase much-needed food items.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge