Saturday, August 17, 2013
Agents and staff members from Windermere Real Estate offices throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington took the day off June 21 to volunteer for a variety of causes in the communities they serve.
Community Service Day is a company-wide Windermere tradition that dates back to 1984. Agents and staff from Windermere’s 300 offices participated in this recent day of service.
In the Gorge, the Windermere volunteer team helped a variety of causes and organizations. Their projects included:
- n Tending to the Columbia Parking Lot and the fifth Street City Park - Agents from the Hood River office removed litter and weeds, and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Sprucing up People’s City Park - Brokers from the Windermere office in The Dalles picked up litter, pulled weeds and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Teaming up with the City of Stevenson for the downtown cleanup - Brokers from the Stevenson office washed buildings, sidewalks and windows, and planted flowers.
- n Delivering more than 475 pounds of food to the local food bank - Brokers from the Bingen office donated more than $700 to purchase much-needed food items.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge