Saturday, August 17, 2013
Agents and staff members from Windermere Real Estate offices throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington took the day off June 21 to volunteer for a variety of causes in the communities they serve.
Community Service Day is a company-wide Windermere tradition that dates back to 1984. Agents and staff from Windermere’s 300 offices participated in this recent day of service.
In the Gorge, the Windermere volunteer team helped a variety of causes and organizations. Their projects included:
- n Tending to the Columbia Parking Lot and the fifth Street City Park - Agents from the Hood River office removed litter and weeds, and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Sprucing up People’s City Park - Brokers from the Windermere office in The Dalles picked up litter, pulled weeds and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Teaming up with the City of Stevenson for the downtown cleanup - Brokers from the Stevenson office washed buildings, sidewalks and windows, and planted flowers.
- n Delivering more than 475 pounds of food to the local food bank - Brokers from the Bingen office donated more than $700 to purchase much-needed food items.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge