Saturday, August 17, 2013
Agents and staff members from Windermere Real Estate offices throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington took the day off June 21 to volunteer for a variety of causes in the communities they serve.
Community Service Day is a company-wide Windermere tradition that dates back to 1984. Agents and staff from Windermere’s 300 offices participated in this recent day of service.
In the Gorge, the Windermere volunteer team helped a variety of causes and organizations. Their projects included:
- n Tending to the Columbia Parking Lot and the fifth Street City Park - Agents from the Hood River office removed litter and weeds, and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Sprucing up People’s City Park - Brokers from the Windermere office in The Dalles picked up litter, pulled weeds and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Teaming up with the City of Stevenson for the downtown cleanup - Brokers from the Stevenson office washed buildings, sidewalks and windows, and planted flowers.
- n Delivering more than 475 pounds of food to the local food bank - Brokers from the Bingen office donated more than $700 to purchase much-needed food items.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge