Saturday, August 17, 2013
Agents and staff members from Windermere Real Estate offices throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington took the day off June 21 to volunteer for a variety of causes in the communities they serve.
Community Service Day is a company-wide Windermere tradition that dates back to 1984. Agents and staff from Windermere’s 300 offices participated in this recent day of service.
In the Gorge, the Windermere volunteer team helped a variety of causes and organizations. Their projects included:
- n Tending to the Columbia Parking Lot and the fifth Street City Park - Agents from the Hood River office removed litter and weeds, and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Sprucing up People’s City Park - Brokers from the Windermere office in The Dalles picked up litter, pulled weeds and spread fresh bark dust.
- n Teaming up with the City of Stevenson for the downtown cleanup - Brokers from the Stevenson office washed buildings, sidewalks and windows, and planted flowers.
- n Delivering more than 475 pounds of food to the local food bank - Brokers from the Bingen office donated more than $700 to purchase much-needed food items.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge