Saturday, August 17, 2013
HRVHS Hall of Fame Golf Tourney Sept. 21
Set your calendars for the seventh-annual Hood River Valley High School Athletic Hall of Fame fundraiser golf tournament on Sept. 21 at Indian Creek Golf Course. The four-person scramble starts at 8:30 a.m. and is $300 per team of four (or $90 per player), which acts as a fundraiser for the HRVHS athletic department and includes green fees, cart, lunch and a goodie bag. Prizes will be awarded for longest drive, closest to the pin, top three teams, last team and hole-in-one.
Pick up registration forms at Indian Creek Golf Course, HRVHS athletic office or by calling 541-386-2318.
Erin Jones eighth at Triathlon World Cup
Hood River native and Colorado-based professional triathlete Erin Jones was in Hungary last week for the 2013 Tiszaujvaros ITU Triathlon World Cup. Jones, a 2009 HRVHS graduate, finished eighth overall in the elite women category with a total time of 1:01:39. USA teammate Katie Hursey won the event in 1:00.25.
ICMGA action continues
Indian Creek Men’s Golf Association action hosted 28 golfers in its latest round of friendly membership competition last the weekend. The tournament consisted of four different nine-hole formats over two days. Top finishers were:
Low Gross: 1st: Jake Morgan/Kevin Morgan; 2nd: Roger Barry/Denis Thomas; 3rd: John Garcia/Ross Kitt
Low Net: 1st: Yoyo Cervantes/Jim Slusher; 2nd: Gene Aslin/ Kelly Yackley; 3rd: Guido Wallace/ John Lozowski
ICMGA’s next tournament is the Fall Handicap tournament Sept. 14-15.
Send sports briefs, event information, game recaps, story ideas, college athlete updates, photos, etc. to Adam Lapierre at: 541-386-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge