Saturday, August 17, 2013
HRVHS Hall of Fame Golf Tourney Sept. 21
Set your calendars for the seventh-annual Hood River Valley High School Athletic Hall of Fame fundraiser golf tournament on Sept. 21 at Indian Creek Golf Course. The four-person scramble starts at 8:30 a.m. and is $300 per team of four (or $90 per player), which acts as a fundraiser for the HRVHS athletic department and includes green fees, cart, lunch and a goodie bag. Prizes will be awarded for longest drive, closest to the pin, top three teams, last team and hole-in-one.
Pick up registration forms at Indian Creek Golf Course, HRVHS athletic office or by calling 541-386-2318.
Erin Jones eighth at Triathlon World Cup
Hood River native and Colorado-based professional triathlete Erin Jones was in Hungary last week for the 2013 Tiszaujvaros ITU Triathlon World Cup. Jones, a 2009 HRVHS graduate, finished eighth overall in the elite women category with a total time of 1:01:39. USA teammate Katie Hursey won the event in 1:00.25.
ICMGA action continues
Indian Creek Men’s Golf Association action hosted 28 golfers in its latest round of friendly membership competition last the weekend. The tournament consisted of four different nine-hole formats over two days. Top finishers were:
Low Gross: 1st: Jake Morgan/Kevin Morgan; 2nd: Roger Barry/Denis Thomas; 3rd: John Garcia/Ross Kitt
Low Net: 1st: Yoyo Cervantes/Jim Slusher; 2nd: Gene Aslin/ Kelly Yackley; 3rd: Guido Wallace/ John Lozowski
ICMGA’s next tournament is the Fall Handicap tournament Sept. 14-15.
Send sports briefs, event information, game recaps, story ideas, college athlete updates, photos, etc. to Adam Lapierre at: 541-386-1234 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays