Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Swindells Resource Center of the Columbia Gorge is offering a free class, “ADHD: What families need to know,” Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 6-9 p.m. at Columbia Gorge Community College’s third floor lecture hall in Building 2 at The Dalles campus.
The class will be led by Aaron Tabacco, a neurodevelopmental nurse specialist, training coordinator of nursing, and researcher with expertise in family management of childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorder at the Child Development & Rehabilitation Center at Oregon Health and Science University.
Tabacco is driven in part by his personal experiences as a father of adolescent sons who each live with ADHD. His presentation will include:
- n The biological origins, treatment options and social difficulties of ADHD
- n ADHD as a difference in executive functioning
- n Parenting and advocating for your child with ADHD
This workshop is free thanks to the generosity of Swindell’s donors and partners. For a certificate of attendance, there is a $25 fee, and the certificate can be purchased at the workshop by cash or check.
Register at www.provi-dence.org/classes. Click on “online class catalog” and search by class name for “Swindells Center-ADHD-The Dalles.” To register by phone, call 541-386-5720 or 800-833-8899, ext. 52429.
Spanish registration and interpretation are available; call 503-574-6595 by Sept. 9.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge