Thursday, August 22, 2013
The Hood River County Sheriff's Office lifted the Level I evacuation notice in place for approximately 40 residences in the Fir Mountain area Friday morning "due to favorable weather conditions overnight and lack of fire growth in the Government Complex Fire." The Level I notice affected Hood River County’s Fir Mountain Road east of the irrigation ditch, Fir Mountain Loop Road and Swyers Drive.
Level I means residents should be aware of the fire in their area and start getting ready; Level II means make final preparations and get and set to evacuate; Level III means evacuate immediately.
See http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/3662/ for complete details.
As of 10:30 a.m. Friday morning, the following evacuation notices are in effect:
The Wasco County Sheriff's Office has issued the following:
- Level III (GO) Evacuation notification for residents on Mosier Creek Road between addresses 2855 to 3475 and any side roads.
- Level III (GO) Evacuation notification for residents on Godberson Road within three miles of the southern end of Godberson Road and any side roads.
Earlier, the Sheriff's Office issued the following orders:
- Level III(GO) Evacuation notification for residents on Ketchum Road
- Level III (GO) Evacuation notification for residents Vensel Road to the Osburn Cut-Off and any side roads.
- Level II (SET) Evacuation notification for residents on Chenoweth Road west of Vensel Road and any side roads.
- Level II (Get SET) Evacuation notification for residents on Chenowith Road and side roads, east to the Browns Creek Road intersection.
- Level II (Get SET) Evacuation notification for residents for ALL of Browns Creek Road and any side roads.
- Level II (Get SET) Evacuation notification for residents for the 5000 block of Cherry Heights to Browns Creek Road.
Other Evacuation levels remaining in effect are:
- Level II (Get SET) Wells Road and any side roads
- Level II (Get SET) Upper Mill Creek Road east to the 6500 block of Mill Creek Road.
- Level II (Get SET) Orbrist Road.
More like this story
- OSAA 5A SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS Late-game heroics by Lauren Decker, Hannah McNerney send HRV to the 5A quarterfinals
- Death Notices for May 27: Sharon Mills, Donna Schnell and Scott Zorza
- Service Announcements for May 27: Randy Van Woert and Thomas Ford
- Next Walking Tour June 5
- Lyle Pioneer Days return May 27
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge