Thursday, August 22, 2013
The Hood River County Sheriff's Office is advising residents on Fir Mountain Road east of the irrigation ditch, Fir Mountain Loop and Swyers Drive of a level 1 pre-evacuation notice for the Government Complex Fire. Information for the fire can be found at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3662/
Road closures are in effect for Fir Mountain Road at Swyers Drive and at Elder Road.
According to the Oregon State Fire Marshall's office: "When you hear the terms evacuation levels I, II or III, remember 'ready, set, go.' Level I means be aware of the fire in your area and start getting ready, Level II means make final preparations and get set to evacuate, and Level III means evacuate immediately — GO NOW."
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge