Thursday, August 22, 2013
The Hood River County Sheriff's Office is advising residents on Fir Mountain Road east of the irrigation ditch, Fir Mountain Loop and Swyers Drive of a level 1 pre-evacuation notice for the Government Complex Fire. Information for the fire can be found at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3662/
Road closures are in effect for Fir Mountain Road at Swyers Drive and at Elder Road.
According to the Oregon State Fire Marshall's office: "When you hear the terms evacuation levels I, II or III, remember 'ready, set, go.' Level I means be aware of the fire in your area and start getting ready, Level II means make final preparations and get set to evacuate, and Level III means evacuate immediately — GO NOW."
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge