Thursday, August 22, 2013
The Hood River County Sheriff's Office is advising residents on Fir Mountain Road east of the irrigation ditch, Fir Mountain Loop and Swyers Drive of a level 1 pre-evacuation notice for the Government Complex Fire. Information for the fire can be found at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3662/
Road closures are in effect for Fir Mountain Road at Swyers Drive and at Elder Road.
According to the Oregon State Fire Marshall's office: "When you hear the terms evacuation levels I, II or III, remember 'ready, set, go.' Level I means be aware of the fire in your area and start getting ready, Level II means make final preparations and get set to evacuate, and Level III means evacuate immediately — GO NOW."
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge