Thursday, August 22, 2013
The Hood River County Sheriff's Office is advising residents on Fir Mountain Road east of the irrigation ditch, Fir Mountain Loop and Swyers Drive of a level 1 pre-evacuation notice for the Government Complex Fire. Information for the fire can be found at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3662/
Road closures are in effect for Fir Mountain Road at Swyers Drive and at Elder Road.
According to the Oregon State Fire Marshall's office: "When you hear the terms evacuation levels I, II or III, remember 'ready, set, go.' Level I means be aware of the fire in your area and start getting ready, Level II means make final preparations and get set to evacuate, and Level III means evacuate immediately — GO NOW."
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge