Saturday, August 24, 2013
It all comes together on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 24-25, in White Salmon’s Rhinegarten Park as Rapid Readymix hosts the Art On Wheels car show, part of the final concert in the 2013 Mt. Adams Chamber of Commerce Summer Concert Series.
The Saturday festivities begin with a spectacularly scenic Poker Run through Trout Lake, Glenwood, Klickitat and Lyle.
The cars return to the park by 3 p.m. where beer, wine, soda, cotton candy, and snow cones will be available before the real feast begins at 4 p.m. Roast pork, beef brisket, and fresh Columbia River grilled salmon will be served up with coleslaw, rolls, and “special” bourbon baked beans for this feast.
The rockin’ entertainment kicks in at 5 p.m. with The Driven on Stage 1, followed by the ever-popular Johnny Limbo and The Lugnuts from 7-10 p.m. on Stage 2.
The entertainment won’t pause for a band break when The Lugnuts surrender the stage to the “Instruments of The Now” fire dancers for a fiery intermission.
Sunday morning stays with the fire theme, beginning with a 7-10 a.m. fireman’s breakfast at the White Salmon Volunteer firehouse, followed by the grand finale Art On Wheels car show judging and awards, accompanied by musical duo The Gadzukes performing at both Sunday events.
Contact Community Partners Concert Chair Bill Werst at 509-493-1985 for more information.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge