Saturday, August 24, 2013
It all comes together on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 24-25, in White Salmon’s Rhinegarten Park as Rapid Readymix hosts the Art On Wheels car show, part of the final concert in the 2013 Mt. Adams Chamber of Commerce Summer Concert Series.
The Saturday festivities begin with a spectacularly scenic Poker Run through Trout Lake, Glenwood, Klickitat and Lyle.
The cars return to the park by 3 p.m. where beer, wine, soda, cotton candy, and snow cones will be available before the real feast begins at 4 p.m. Roast pork, beef brisket, and fresh Columbia River grilled salmon will be served up with coleslaw, rolls, and “special” bourbon baked beans for this feast.
The rockin’ entertainment kicks in at 5 p.m. with The Driven on Stage 1, followed by the ever-popular Johnny Limbo and The Lugnuts from 7-10 p.m. on Stage 2.
The entertainment won’t pause for a band break when The Lugnuts surrender the stage to the “Instruments of The Now” fire dancers for a fiery intermission.
Sunday morning stays with the fire theme, beginning with a 7-10 a.m. fireman’s breakfast at the White Salmon Volunteer firehouse, followed by the grand finale Art On Wheels car show judging and awards, accompanied by musical duo The Gadzukes performing at both Sunday events.
Contact Community Partners Concert Chair Bill Werst at 509-493-1985 for more information.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge