Saturday, August 24, 2013
It all comes together on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 24-25, in White Salmon’s Rhinegarten Park as Rapid Readymix hosts the Art On Wheels car show, part of the final concert in the 2013 Mt. Adams Chamber of Commerce Summer Concert Series.
The Saturday festivities begin with a spectacularly scenic Poker Run through Trout Lake, Glenwood, Klickitat and Lyle.
The cars return to the park by 3 p.m. where beer, wine, soda, cotton candy, and snow cones will be available before the real feast begins at 4 p.m. Roast pork, beef brisket, and fresh Columbia River grilled salmon will be served up with coleslaw, rolls, and “special” bourbon baked beans for this feast.
The rockin’ entertainment kicks in at 5 p.m. with The Driven on Stage 1, followed by the ever-popular Johnny Limbo and The Lugnuts from 7-10 p.m. on Stage 2.
The entertainment won’t pause for a band break when The Lugnuts surrender the stage to the “Instruments of The Now” fire dancers for a fiery intermission.
Sunday morning stays with the fire theme, beginning with a 7-10 a.m. fireman’s breakfast at the White Salmon Volunteer firehouse, followed by the grand finale Art On Wheels car show judging and awards, accompanied by musical duo The Gadzukes performing at both Sunday events.
Contact Community Partners Concert Chair Bill Werst at 509-493-1985 for more information.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge