Tuesday, August 27, 2013
A Celebration of Life for Margaret Markovich Boytz, who died Aug. 14, 2013, will be held Thursday, Aug. 29, at Providence Brookside Manor. A 3:30 p.m. reception will be followed by a service of remembrance. Viewing times at Anderson’s Tribute Center are available on its website, www.andersonstributecenter.com.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Slovak Cemetery in Roslyn, Wash., United Mine Workers (UMW) or the PHRMH Foundation Assisted Living Fund. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031. Visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Margie Gholston, a lifelong resident of Mosier, Ore., passed away Monday, Aug. 26, 2013, at Flagstone Retirement & Assisted Living in The Dalles, Ore. She was born Dec. 29, 1921, in Mosier.
Services are planned for 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Mosier Grace Bible Church (at the corner of Third and Washington streets).
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Janice May Staver, 73, died Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at her home in Rowena, Ore., surrounded by family and friends.
A celebration of her life will be held Sunday, Sept. 8, at 6 p.m. at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, 5000 Discovery Drive, The Dalles.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge