Tuesday, August 27, 2013
A Celebration of Life for Margaret Markovich Boytz, who died Aug. 14, 2013, will be held Thursday, Aug. 29, at Providence Brookside Manor. A 3:30 p.m. reception will be followed by a service of remembrance. Viewing times at Anderson’s Tribute Center are available on its website, www.andersonstributecenter.com.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Slovak Cemetery in Roslyn, Wash., United Mine Workers (UMW) or the PHRMH Foundation Assisted Living Fund. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031. Visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Margie Gholston, a lifelong resident of Mosier, Ore., passed away Monday, Aug. 26, 2013, at Flagstone Retirement & Assisted Living in The Dalles, Ore. She was born Dec. 29, 1921, in Mosier.
Services are planned for 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Mosier Grace Bible Church (at the corner of Third and Washington streets).
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Janice May Staver, 73, died Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at her home in Rowena, Ore., surrounded by family and friends.
A celebration of her life will be held Sunday, Sept. 8, at 6 p.m. at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, 5000 Discovery Drive, The Dalles.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge