Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Blueberries and fistula repair surgery motivate Linda Chamberlain, co-owner of Wilinda Blueberry Patch, to swim the Columbia River crossing on Labor Day, Sept. 2, for the annual Roy Webster Cross-Channel Swim. The 72-year-old eats several cups of blueberries each day so she feels she is ready for the challenge.
To further motivate her, Chamberlain is asking for donations for one fistula repair surgery for a woman in Uganda who suffers from this condition. So far she has collected $280. For the remaining $120, anyone interested in making a donation of $5 or more will be invited to pick a pint of blueberries for free.
To donate, contact Linda Chamberlain at email@example.com or 801-556-7964. The Wilinda Blueberry Patch is located at 730 Frankton Road in Hood River and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The work of Chamberlain and other Hood River residents was featured in the Dec. 19, 2012 Kaleidoscope in the Hood River News (find it online by searching for “Linda Chamberlain” at www.hoodrivernews.com).
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge