Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Blueberries and fistula repair surgery motivate Linda Chamberlain, co-owner of Wilinda Blueberry Patch, to swim the Columbia River crossing on Labor Day, Sept. 2, for the annual Roy Webster Cross-Channel Swim. The 72-year-old eats several cups of blueberries each day so she feels she is ready for the challenge.
To further motivate her, Chamberlain is asking for donations for one fistula repair surgery for a woman in Uganda who suffers from this condition. So far she has collected $280. For the remaining $120, anyone interested in making a donation of $5 or more will be invited to pick a pint of blueberries for free.
To donate, contact Linda Chamberlain at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-556-7964. The Wilinda Blueberry Patch is located at 730 Frankton Road in Hood River and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The work of Chamberlain and other Hood River residents was featured in the Dec. 19, 2012 Kaleidoscope in the Hood River News (find it online by searching for “Linda Chamberlain” at www.hoodrivernews.com).
More like this story
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
- Harvest Quilt fundraiser on now
- Kegler's Corner: Jeff Furlong stars at Orchard Lanes
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge