Wednesday, August 28, 2013
The Planning Commission’s public hearing to consider American Tower Corporation’s Appeal (P-13-0174) of the planning director’s decision to deny its National Scenic Area application (P-12-0194) for a communications tower, scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 28, at 7 p.m., has been canceled.
The hearing will be rescheduled and re-noticed in the near future with a new hearing date (which will most likely be 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23).
The reason for the delay is that ATC is preparing field survey reports related to Sensitive Wildlife and Sensitive Plants in order to address National Scenic Area criteria (Sections 580 and 590, of Article 75 of the County Zoning Ordinance).
If built, the cell tower would be located between Rocky Road and Fairview Drive on the west side of town. The tower, which is to be used primarily by AT&T, is proposed to be 160 feet in height and disguised to look like a Douglas fir.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge