Wednesday, August 28, 2013
The Planning Commission’s public hearing to consider American Tower Corporation’s Appeal (P-13-0174) of the planning director’s decision to deny its National Scenic Area application (P-12-0194) for a communications tower, scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 28, at 7 p.m., has been canceled.
The hearing will be rescheduled and re-noticed in the near future with a new hearing date (which will most likely be 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23).
The reason for the delay is that ATC is preparing field survey reports related to Sensitive Wildlife and Sensitive Plants in order to address National Scenic Area criteria (Sections 580 and 590, of Article 75 of the County Zoning Ordinance).
If built, the cell tower would be located between Rocky Road and Fairview Drive on the west side of town. The tower, which is to be used primarily by AT&T, is proposed to be 160 feet in height and disguised to look like a Douglas fir.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events