Wednesday, August 28, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Mumford as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Mumford is about 4 years old and a Beagle mix, weighing about 30 pounds. And, boy, is he gonna make a great companion for some lucky person!
“He is playful and happy and cuddly, and who can resist that face?! He likes other dogs, too, and kids are sure to be a constant source of fun for him, so he likes them, too!
Mumford is happiest with a squeaky toy, or a bone and friends to hang with. But he sure doesn’t like the shelter and he says he’s really ready to find his forever family. He promises to make you smile!”
Mumford is housetrained, current on shots, microchipped and neutered. His adoption fee is $165; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Mumford at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriver-adoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. (For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge