Wednesday, August 28, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Mumford as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Mumford is about 4 years old and a Beagle mix, weighing about 30 pounds. And, boy, is he gonna make a great companion for some lucky person!
“He is playful and happy and cuddly, and who can resist that face?! He likes other dogs, too, and kids are sure to be a constant source of fun for him, so he likes them, too!
Mumford is happiest with a squeaky toy, or a bone and friends to hang with. But he sure doesn’t like the shelter and he says he’s really ready to find his forever family. He promises to make you smile!”
Mumford is housetrained, current on shots, microchipped and neutered. His adoption fee is $165; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Mumford at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriver-adoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. (For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge