Saturday, August 31, 2013
Scarlet Thistle Studio presents Amber Charms at the Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River on Sept. 14.
Showcasing award-winning performers and internationally acclaimed artists from the Pacific Northwest, Amber Charms displays traditional and contemporary interpretations of the ancient art form known as belly dance. Featuring performers from the Gorge, Amber Charms presents improvisational American Tribal Style, classic Oriental Dance and Belly Dance Fusion with each distinctive style exemplifying the evolution and ongoing transformation of this vibrant art form. Scarlet Thistle Belly Dance from Hood River is the Gorge’s own Tribal Style group
Tickets may be purchased in advance online for $12 at scarletthistlestudio.com, or at Waucoma Bookstore and the Center for the Arts in Hood River. They will be sold for $15 at the door. The concert will run roughly 90 minutes plus an intermission. Doors open at 7 p.m.
For more information visit ScarletThistleStudio.com or columbiaarts.org.
Belly dance is both a celebration of the female spirit and a physical display of the strength and beauty of women. Its roots can be traced back to the rituals of past matriarchal cultures and to the secular entertainments that evolved as itinerant performers traveled through India, Central Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Spain.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge