Saturday, August 31, 2013
Members of the community are invited to join Mid-Columbia Community Choir for its 22nd season.
“It’s that time of year when I begin contacting choir members, past and present, to come and join the choir for another great season of choral music,” said director Perry Cole of Hood River.
Diana Beterbide will again accompany on the piano.
“Her expertise on the piano as well as being a very attentive accompanist makes our rehearsals and concert something very special,” Cole said.
Venues will be a little different this year, performing at Riverside Community Church and White Salmon’s Henkle Middle School.
“Also we extend our thanks to the White Salmon SDA Church for opening their doors to us for rehearsals,” Cole said.
Members of the community who would like to receive a registration music order form and MCCC 2013 schedule for this year’s Thanksgiving and Christmas music season may contact Cole at 541-806-1395 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plans are in place to again have the Riverside Community Church Choir join the chorale for the Hymns of Thanksgiving program.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge