Saturday, August 31, 2013
The Dufur Boys will present an evening of country music at the Kiwanis Steak Feed which takes place Thursday, Sept. 5, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Sorosis Park in The Dalles.
The annual event is The Dalles Kiwanis Club’s major fundraiser for community projects, most of which serve children and youth. Adult meals include a 10-ounce ribeye steak, baked potato, coleslaw, roll, dessert and drink for $15.
Free meal for children 12 and under features a hot dog plus the other entrees.
Tickets are available from Kiwanis members or may be purchased in the park Sept. 5.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge