Saturday, August 31, 2013
Manimalhouse plays Pint Shack
Manimalhouse brings its “face-melting fun” to the Pint Shack, Fourth Street between Oak and Cascade, Aug. 31 at 9 p.m. There is no cover for the 21-and-over show.
Hazelnuts Friday at Pourhouse
If you read this on a Friday evening it might not be too late to check out The Hazelnuts, featuring Crazy Pete and Gary Reed, at Brian’s Pourhouse basement bar, 7 p.m. to “`10:30-ish” on Aug. 30.
Beautiful Wrecks at Double Mtn.
Eugene-based rockers Beautiful Wrecks play a free show, 21-and-over, Saturday at Double Mountain Brewery, Fourth Street between Oak and Cascade, starting at 9 p.m.
Joseph Appel at Rivertap
“One-man band” Joseph Appel performs Aug. 31 at Rivertap, 112 Oak St. in Hood River, which has just expanded to entry on Oak.
On Sept. 6, for First Friday, the Shed Shakers will perform from 6-8 p.m.
Mark Womble, Sugar Daddies play Waving Tree
The Sugar Daddies will be playing Aug. 31 and Sept. 1 from 1-4 p.m. at the Waving Tree Winery Tasting Room, located on the Washington side of the Biggs Bridge; take the Peach Beach turnoff and follow the signs.
Waving Tree is hosting the event as part of the Columbia Gorge Labor Day Weekend Winery Tour.
Will West, Barlow Road at Ruins
Will West and the Friendly Strangers perform Sept. 3 at Ruins Tuesday, Springhouse Cellar Winery.
Headlining Sept. 10 will be local favorite Barlow Road.
Doors open at 5 p.m. and shows go from 6-10 p.m.; cover charge is $3. The shows are all-ages
CEBU rocks this weekend
Jon Koonce Trio brings Roadhouse Blues Rock to CEBU Lounge at Best Western Hood River Inn Friday.
On Saturday, the stage goes to indie folk rockers Norman with Yaquina Bay indie folk rock. Both shows start at 9:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge