Saturday, August 31, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
Starting in the Aug. 7 paper, Hood River News has published sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library.
This is the final set, intended to help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the third-annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23. (This installment was inadvertently left out of the Aug. 21 edition, but we publish it now in order to complete the cycle; thanks go to Jana Hannigan, children’s services librarian, for the questions and answers.)
(Answers at right; as Professor McGonnigal would say “No peeking!”)
In the Aug. 14 edition we printed a photo of a Harry Potter book release party, and the packed house at Waucoma Bookstore just after midnight. We asked if anyone knew the year and book title.
The year was 2003 and the book was “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”
- Name the 3 Deathly Hallows.
2.What is the word for a non-magical person who is born to magical parents?
- Name the Slytherin team captain.
- Crookshanks is half cat and half what?
- What did Harry write on Dobby’s grave stone?
- Who was teasing Moaning Myrtle about her glasses just before she died?
Harry Potter trivia answers
The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone, The Cloak of Invisibility
Here lies Dobby, A Free Elf
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge