Saturday, August 31, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
Starting in the Aug. 7 paper, Hood River News has published sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library.
This is the final set, intended to help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the third-annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23. (This installment was inadvertently left out of the Aug. 21 edition, but we publish it now in order to complete the cycle; thanks go to Jana Hannigan, children’s services librarian, for the questions and answers.)
(Answers at right; as Professor McGonnigal would say “No peeking!”)
In the Aug. 14 edition we printed a photo of a Harry Potter book release party, and the packed house at Waucoma Bookstore just after midnight. We asked if anyone knew the year and book title.
The year was 2003 and the book was “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”
- Name the 3 Deathly Hallows.
2.What is the word for a non-magical person who is born to magical parents?
- Name the Slytherin team captain.
- Crookshanks is half cat and half what?
- What did Harry write on Dobby’s grave stone?
- Who was teasing Moaning Myrtle about her glasses just before she died?
Harry Potter trivia answers
The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone, The Cloak of Invisibility
Here lies Dobby, A Free Elf
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge