Saturday, August 31, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
Starting in the Aug. 7 paper, Hood River News has published sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library.
This is the final set, intended to help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the third-annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23. (This installment was inadvertently left out of the Aug. 21 edition, but we publish it now in order to complete the cycle; thanks go to Jana Hannigan, children’s services librarian, for the questions and answers.)
(Answers at right; as Professor McGonnigal would say “No peeking!”)
In the Aug. 14 edition we printed a photo of a Harry Potter book release party, and the packed house at Waucoma Bookstore just after midnight. We asked if anyone knew the year and book title.
The year was 2003 and the book was “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”
- Name the 3 Deathly Hallows.
2.What is the word for a non-magical person who is born to magical parents?
- Name the Slytherin team captain.
- Crookshanks is half cat and half what?
- What did Harry write on Dobby’s grave stone?
- Who was teasing Moaning Myrtle about her glasses just before she died?
Harry Potter trivia answers
The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone, The Cloak of Invisibility
Here lies Dobby, A Free Elf
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge