Saturday, August 31, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
Starting in the Aug. 7 paper, Hood River News has published sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library.
This is the final set, intended to help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the third-annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23. (This installment was inadvertently left out of the Aug. 21 edition, but we publish it now in order to complete the cycle; thanks go to Jana Hannigan, children’s services librarian, for the questions and answers.)
(Answers at right; as Professor McGonnigal would say “No peeking!”)
In the Aug. 14 edition we printed a photo of a Harry Potter book release party, and the packed house at Waucoma Bookstore just after midnight. We asked if anyone knew the year and book title.
The year was 2003 and the book was “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”
- Name the 3 Deathly Hallows.
2.What is the word for a non-magical person who is born to magical parents?
- Name the Slytherin team captain.
- Crookshanks is half cat and half what?
- What did Harry write on Dobby’s grave stone?
- Who was teasing Moaning Myrtle about her glasses just before she died?
Harry Potter trivia answers
The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone, The Cloak of Invisibility
Here lies Dobby, A Free Elf
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- Bridge of the Gods local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge