Saturday, August 31, 2013
Why fly to Munich for a genuine Oktoberfest Lager when this one could be inches from your lips?
The newest addition to Full Sail’s Limited Lager Series (LTD), Oktoberfest is the seventh recipe in the LTD line-up. LTD stands for limited edition or “Living the Dream.”
Although it’s new to the LTD series, the recipe is a Full Sail classic originally brewed back in the 1990s. “This award-winning beer garnered three consecutive gold medals at the World Beer Championships in 1997, 1998 and 1999,” said Jamie Emmerson, Full Sail’s executive brewmaster. Brewed especially for Oktoberfest season, six-packs and kegs will be available for the month of September in limited quantities.
Full Sail’s Oktoberfest is a smooth, malty lager brewed in the true Bavarian style, using Two-row Pale, Vienna, Caramel and imported roasted Munich malts, and then moderately hopped with imported Czech Saaz and Yakima Sterling hops.
Each LTD beer showcases an original lager recipe and is only available for a limited time. “It lets us explore some of our favorite beer styles and we are thrilled at the response we have generated. Not only do our fans love this series, critics love it too,” said Full Sail CEO and founder Irene Firmat.
“Since its release in 2006, our LTD Series has brought home 13 gold medals from the World Beer Championships and one from the North American Beer Awards. And on top of that, five of them were named ‘The Best Beers’ of 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.”
The next beer in Full Sail’s LTD Lager Series is Black Bock (LTD 06) which will be released for the holiday season in six-packs and draft.
More like this story
- Full Sail lagers sweep World Beer
- Full Sail sweeps with 14 medals at ‘World Beer’
- The Ale List: July is Craft Beer Month; BIG celebrates
- The Ale List: Breweries wheel a tart pale collaboration
- Business notes: Cottage Antiques opens in CL, Gorge White house opens April 1, Full Sail adds LTD 05 Amber Lager
- Service announcements for Oct. 21 edition: George Watanabe, Heidi Hansberger and Harrison Peters
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge