Saturday, August 31, 2013
Family and Community Education, also known as Home Extension and sponsored by Oregon State University, will kick off its annual program at a meeting on Sept. 5.
It will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a short business meeting, and will be followed at 10 a.m. by a presentation on Medicare and Helping Hands. The public is welcome at both meetings, which will be held on the OSU Campus at 2990 Experiment Station Road in the training/community room.
For more information, call 541-386-3323.
The Mosier Home Extension Study Group will meet on Sept. 12 at the home of Linda Carroll, 1225 State Road, at 11 a.m., for an informal gathering and potluck luncheon.
Officers for the 2013-14 year are Virginia Brookwell, president; Sherrill Hebener, vice president; Karen Bailey, secretary; and Jeanne Reeves, treasurer.
There will be a business meeting, a brief discussion and follow-up of the group’s genealogy lesson from May and lots of time to visit and enjoy the potluck.
For more information call Linda at 541-478-2133.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge