Saturday, August 31, 2013
Family and Community Education, also known as Home Extension and sponsored by Oregon State University, will kick off its annual program at a meeting on Sept. 5.
It will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a short business meeting, and will be followed at 10 a.m. by a presentation on Medicare and Helping Hands. The public is welcome at both meetings, which will be held on the OSU Campus at 2990 Experiment Station Road in the training/community room.
For more information, call 541-386-3323.
The Mosier Home Extension Study Group will meet on Sept. 12 at the home of Linda Carroll, 1225 State Road, at 11 a.m., for an informal gathering and potluck luncheon.
Officers for the 2013-14 year are Virginia Brookwell, president; Sherrill Hebener, vice president; Karen Bailey, secretary; and Jeanne Reeves, treasurer.
There will be a business meeting, a brief discussion and follow-up of the group’s genealogy lesson from May and lots of time to visit and enjoy the potluck.
For more information call Linda at 541-478-2133.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge