Saturday, August 31, 2013
Family and Community Education, also known as Home Extension and sponsored by Oregon State University, will kick off its annual program at a meeting on Sept. 5.
It will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a short business meeting, and will be followed at 10 a.m. by a presentation on Medicare and Helping Hands. The public is welcome at both meetings, which will be held on the OSU Campus at 2990 Experiment Station Road in the training/community room.
For more information, call 541-386-3323.
The Mosier Home Extension Study Group will meet on Sept. 12 at the home of Linda Carroll, 1225 State Road, at 11 a.m., for an informal gathering and potluck luncheon.
Officers for the 2013-14 year are Virginia Brookwell, president; Sherrill Hebener, vice president; Karen Bailey, secretary; and Jeanne Reeves, treasurer.
There will be a business meeting, a brief discussion and follow-up of the group’s genealogy lesson from May and lots of time to visit and enjoy the potluck.
For more information call Linda at 541-478-2133.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge