Saturday, August 31, 2013
Family and Community Education, also known as Home Extension and sponsored by Oregon State University, will kick off its annual program at a meeting on Sept. 5.
It will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a short business meeting, and will be followed at 10 a.m. by a presentation on Medicare and Helping Hands. The public is welcome at both meetings, which will be held on the OSU Campus at 2990 Experiment Station Road in the training/community room.
For more information, call 541-386-3323.
The Mosier Home Extension Study Group will meet on Sept. 12 at the home of Linda Carroll, 1225 State Road, at 11 a.m., for an informal gathering and potluck luncheon.
Officers for the 2013-14 year are Virginia Brookwell, president; Sherrill Hebener, vice president; Karen Bailey, secretary; and Jeanne Reeves, treasurer.
There will be a business meeting, a brief discussion and follow-up of the group’s genealogy lesson from May and lots of time to visit and enjoy the potluck.
For more information call Linda at 541-478-2133.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge