Saturday, August 31, 2013
Hey kids, grab a parent or older sibling, tune up your bikes and get registered for the second Hood River Rural Rampage on Sept. 8.
If you like the television show “Amazing Race,” you’ll love this bicycle-based adventure event, which challenges teams of two with different obstacles and objectives on a 12-mile loop course around town, starting and finishing at Hood River Middle School.
One member of each team needs to be 16 or older and both need to have helmet and water bottles.
Registration is $50 per team if done in advance or $60 per team if done the day of. T-shirts are an additional $15 each.
Pre-registration is being run through Hood River Community Education (search for Rural Rampage to find the listing) at www.hrcommunityed.org. Race time is 10 a.m., with check-in and day-of registration starting at 8:45 a.m. at HRMS.
All proceeds from the event will go to benefit Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs.
For additional information, contact race manager Peg Bogard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge