Saturday, August 31, 2013
Hey kids, grab a parent or older sibling, tune up your bikes and get registered for the second Hood River Rural Rampage on Sept. 8.
If you like the television show “Amazing Race,” you’ll love this bicycle-based adventure event, which challenges teams of two with different obstacles and objectives on a 12-mile loop course around town, starting and finishing at Hood River Middle School.
One member of each team needs to be 16 or older and both need to have helmet and water bottles.
Registration is $50 per team if done in advance or $60 per team if done the day of. T-shirts are an additional $15 each.
Pre-registration is being run through Hood River Community Education (search for Rural Rampage to find the listing) at www.hrcommunityed.org. Race time is 10 a.m., with check-in and day-of registration starting at 8:45 a.m. at HRMS.
All proceeds from the event will go to benefit Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs.
For additional information, contact race manager Peg Bogard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge