Saturday, August 31, 2013
Hey kids, grab a parent or older sibling, tune up your bikes and get registered for the second Hood River Rural Rampage on Sept. 8.
If you like the television show “Amazing Race,” you’ll love this bicycle-based adventure event, which challenges teams of two with different obstacles and objectives on a 12-mile loop course around town, starting and finishing at Hood River Middle School.
One member of each team needs to be 16 or older and both need to have helmet and water bottles.
Registration is $50 per team if done in advance or $60 per team if done the day of. T-shirts are an additional $15 each.
Pre-registration is being run through Hood River Community Education (search for Rural Rampage to find the listing) at www.hrcommunityed.org. Race time is 10 a.m., with check-in and day-of registration starting at 8:45 a.m. at HRMS.
All proceeds from the event will go to benefit Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs.
For additional information, contact race manager Peg Bogard at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge