Saturday, August 31, 2013
Hey kids, grab a parent or older sibling, tune up your bikes and get registered for the second Hood River Rural Rampage on Sept. 8.
If you like the television show “Amazing Race,” you’ll love this bicycle-based adventure event, which challenges teams of two with different obstacles and objectives on a 12-mile loop course around town, starting and finishing at Hood River Middle School.
One member of each team needs to be 16 or older and both need to have helmet and water bottles.
Registration is $50 per team if done in advance or $60 per team if done the day of. T-shirts are an additional $15 each.
Pre-registration is being run through Hood River Community Education (search for Rural Rampage to find the listing) at www.hrcommunityed.org. Race time is 10 a.m., with check-in and day-of registration starting at 8:45 a.m. at HRMS.
All proceeds from the event will go to benefit Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs.
For additional information, contact race manager Peg Bogard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge