Saturday, August 31, 2013
Hey kids, grab a parent or older sibling, tune up your bikes and get registered for the second Hood River Rural Rampage on Sept. 8.
If you like the television show “Amazing Race,” you’ll love this bicycle-based adventure event, which challenges teams of two with different obstacles and objectives on a 12-mile loop course around town, starting and finishing at Hood River Middle School.
One member of each team needs to be 16 or older and both need to have helmet and water bottles.
Registration is $50 per team if done in advance or $60 per team if done the day of. T-shirts are an additional $15 each.
Pre-registration is being run through Hood River Community Education (search for Rural Rampage to find the listing) at www.hrcommunityed.org. Race time is 10 a.m., with check-in and day-of registration starting at 8:45 a.m. at HRMS.
All proceeds from the event will go to benefit Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs.
For additional information, contact race manager Peg Bogard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge