Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Short column this week — but there’s a lot going on.
Wy’east Middle School PTO will receive 20 percent of all sales at Pietro’s Pizza Dec. 3-4, but the catch is that customers must mention the Wy’east PTO when placing their order for the PTO to get the donation. Funds will provide enrichment activities for students.
The Pine Grove-Odell United Methodist Church will hold its Christmas Bazaar Dec. 6 at the Odell church site from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You’ll find Christmas crafts, home-baked goods, soup and homemade pie with ice cream.
The Last Chance Christmas Bazaar takes place Dec. 14-15 at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in the Community Building. One-of-a-kind gifts from bakers, soap makers, jewelers, artists and photographers will be offered at more than 40 booths. Lunch items will also be available.
For those seeking a safe spot to store cars, RVs, boats and motor homes, Fair Manager Clara Rice says secured storage spaces are now available at the fairgrounds. For more information call the fair office at 541-354-2865.
More like this story
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
- Letters to the Editor, Sept. 16 edition
- Another Voice: Eagle Creek Fire: The Gorge will recover
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge