Wednesday, December 4, 2013
December is “good deal” month at Oregon State Parks. From Dec. 1-31, visitors and gift-givers can save $5 on the 12-month day-use parking permit. Parking fees are required at 26 Oregon state parks, and cost $5 per day, unless you have a 12- or 24-month pass. The 12-month pass is on sale for $25 — regularly $30 — in December.
The permits are transferable from vehicle to vehicle; OPRD also offers a 24-month pass, priced at $50.
The Oregon Coast Passport is also discounted $5 in December. The passport is valid at Oregon State Parks, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service sites along the coast. The coastal passports are on sale for $30 — regularly $35 — in December.
The 12- and 24-month OPRD permits, coastal passports and OPRD gift certificates can be purchased by calling the Oregon State Parks Information Center, 1-800-551-6949. Callers may use debit or credit cards that have VISA or MasterCard logos.
Walk-in customers can buy the OPRD permits at major OPRD offices, some state park friends’ group stores and selected local businesses throughout the state. A list of vendors is posted at oregonstateparks.org.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge