Wednesday, December 4, 2013
December is “good deal” month at Oregon State Parks. From Dec. 1-31, visitors and gift-givers can save $5 on the 12-month day-use parking permit. Parking fees are required at 26 Oregon state parks, and cost $5 per day, unless you have a 12- or 24-month pass. The 12-month pass is on sale for $25 — regularly $30 — in December.
The permits are transferable from vehicle to vehicle; OPRD also offers a 24-month pass, priced at $50.
The Oregon Coast Passport is also discounted $5 in December. The passport is valid at Oregon State Parks, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service sites along the coast. The coastal passports are on sale for $30 — regularly $35 — in December.
The 12- and 24-month OPRD permits, coastal passports and OPRD gift certificates can be purchased by calling the Oregon State Parks Information Center, 1-800-551-6949. Callers may use debit or credit cards that have VISA or MasterCard logos.
Walk-in customers can buy the OPRD permits at major OPRD offices, some state park friends’ group stores and selected local businesses throughout the state. A list of vendors is posted at oregonstateparks.org.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge