Wednesday, December 4, 2013
December is “good deal” month at Oregon State Parks. From Dec. 1-31, visitors and gift-givers can save $5 on the 12-month day-use parking permit. Parking fees are required at 26 Oregon state parks, and cost $5 per day, unless you have a 12- or 24-month pass. The 12-month pass is on sale for $25 — regularly $30 — in December.
The permits are transferable from vehicle to vehicle; OPRD also offers a 24-month pass, priced at $50.
The Oregon Coast Passport is also discounted $5 in December. The passport is valid at Oregon State Parks, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service sites along the coast. The coastal passports are on sale for $30 — regularly $35 — in December.
The 12- and 24-month OPRD permits, coastal passports and OPRD gift certificates can be purchased by calling the Oregon State Parks Information Center, 1-800-551-6949. Callers may use debit or credit cards that have VISA or MasterCard logos.
Walk-in customers can buy the OPRD permits at major OPRD offices, some state park friends’ group stores and selected local businesses throughout the state. A list of vendors is posted at oregonstateparks.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays