Wednesday, December 4, 2013
In an exciting start to the 2013-14 season, Hood River Wrestling Club was in full force Saturday for the annual Gorge Folkstyle Challenge at Hood River Valley High School. The youth wrestling tournament drew teams from as far away as Yakima, but with 46 in its lineup, the Hood River program was the clear powerhouse.
In all, 12 Hood River wrestlers won their round-robin brackets, another 13 finished in second place and 13 more were third. Top two finishers are below.
Tyson Baker, Pee Wee 34-43 lbs.; Tristin Baker, Pee Wee 43-47 lbs.; Connor Farlow, Bantam, 43-45 lbs.; Lakai Powell, Bantam 44-50; Carson Farlow, Intermediate 84-88 lbs.; Emilio Castaneda, Novice 105-127; Jason Shaner, Schoolboy 116-123; Justin Lane, Cadet 74 lbs.; Erik Cuevas, Cadet 117-128 lbs.; Derik Flora, Cadet 133-145 lbs.; Jesus Gordian, Cadet 148-163 lbs.; Max Lane, Cadet 181-254 lbs.
Felipe Mendez, Bantam 50-52 lbs.; Cole Cantrell, Intermediate 59-63 lbs.; Adrien Cantrell, Intermediate, 64-70 lbs.; Judah Hepner, Intermediate 65-72 lbs.; Kevin Castro, Intermediate 71-76 lbs.; Cade Wetherell, Novice 54-61 lbs; Trenton Hughes, Novice 71-82 lbs.; Tanner Fletcher, Novice 105-127 lbs.; Luis Chaparro, Cadet 93-118 lbs.; Dylan Peterson, Cadet 117-128 lbs.; Chris Lane, Cadet 133-145 lbs.; Junior Manzo, 148-163 lbs.; Oscar Villegas, Cadet 181-254
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge