Friday, December 6, 2013
4:30 p.m.: Due to inclement weather, and other unforeseen circumstances, delivery of some of the Dec. 7 Hood River News routes will be delayed.
3:30 p.m.:The Hood River tree lighting and other festivities scheduled for tonight have been postponed. All events have tentatively been rescheduled for Dec. 13.
12:30 p.m.: National weather service issues wind chill advisory in the Gorge.
11:10 a.m.: Hood River County School District reports all Cascade Locks K-12 students are being sent home early.
11 a.m.: No bridge closure on Bridge of the Gods this weekend, per the Port of Cascade Locks. Contractor has temporarily halted work due to weather conditions and will not resume until Monday.
9 a.m.: Horizon Christian school has cancelled Friday evening basketball games. After school practices are also cancelled. Saturday games are still on.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge