Friday, December 6, 2013
4:30 p.m.: Due to inclement weather, and other unforeseen circumstances, delivery of some of the Dec. 7 Hood River News routes will be delayed.
3:30 p.m.:The Hood River tree lighting and other festivities scheduled for tonight have been postponed. All events have tentatively been rescheduled for Dec. 13.
12:30 p.m.: National weather service issues wind chill advisory in the Gorge.
11:10 a.m.: Hood River County School District reports all Cascade Locks K-12 students are being sent home early.
11 a.m.: No bridge closure on Bridge of the Gods this weekend, per the Port of Cascade Locks. Contractor has temporarily halted work due to weather conditions and will not resume until Monday.
9 a.m.: Horizon Christian school has cancelled Friday evening basketball games. After school practices are also cancelled. Saturday games are still on.
More like this story
- The Porch for May 20
- Columbia Center offers Summer Arts class scholarships
- HR Valley Residents Committee: ‘Long-term watchdogs’ celebrate Sunday
- Parkdale teacher wins ‘Math Excellence Award’
- Letters to the Editor for May 20
- Morrison Park: Yes to re-zone, but dig in first
- Another Voice: Mexico: my thoughts and personal experiences
- Police Log, April 24 to May 14
- ‘No’ on NORCOR bond, close races for Port, Schools
- Moro: Azure weed plan takes root
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge