Friday, December 6, 2013
4:30 p.m.: Due to inclement weather, and other unforeseen circumstances, delivery of some of the Dec. 7 Hood River News routes will be delayed.
3:30 p.m.:The Hood River tree lighting and other festivities scheduled for tonight have been postponed. All events have tentatively been rescheduled for Dec. 13.
12:30 p.m.: National weather service issues wind chill advisory in the Gorge.
11:10 a.m.: Hood River County School District reports all Cascade Locks K-12 students are being sent home early.
11 a.m.: No bridge closure on Bridge of the Gods this weekend, per the Port of Cascade Locks. Contractor has temporarily halted work due to weather conditions and will not resume until Monday.
9 a.m.: Horizon Christian school has cancelled Friday evening basketball games. After school practices are also cancelled. Saturday games are still on.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge