Saturday, December 7, 2013
The annual Tree of Remembrance/Light Up A Life Memorial returns at 6 p.m. Dec. 12, at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
At the event, tree ornaments honoring loved ones who have passed are placed on a tree and the names are solemnly read.
Chaplain Mark Thomas of Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital and Father Ronald Maag of St. Mary’s Catholic Church will speak and musical contributions will include Molly Schwarz, soloist, and Kristie Mitchell, pianist and a children’s choir led by Schwarz.
Words of Hope will be presented by Pastors Joel and Mindy Alsworth of Hood River Church of the Nazarene. Words of encouragement will be provided by Bishop Lowell Colton of Hood River Church of Jesus Christ.
The event is open to the public.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge