Saturday, December 7, 2013
The annual Tree of Remembrance/Light Up A Life Memorial returns at 6 p.m. Dec. 12, at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
At the event, tree ornaments honoring loved ones who have passed are placed on a tree and the names are solemnly read.
Chaplain Mark Thomas of Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital and Father Ronald Maag of St. Mary’s Catholic Church will speak and musical contributions will include Molly Schwarz, soloist, and Kristie Mitchell, pianist and a children’s choir led by Schwarz.
Words of Hope will be presented by Pastors Joel and Mindy Alsworth of Hood River Church of the Nazarene. Words of encouragement will be provided by Bishop Lowell Colton of Hood River Church of Jesus Christ.
The event is open to the public.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge