Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The public is invited to a public meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 17, from 6-8 p.m. in the Wy’east Middle School Performing Arts Center to learn more about a project to plan for the future of the Odell area.
Hood River County is initiating an effort to update zoning and other regulations in this area.
State land use planning laws and rules require all counties in Oregon to develop plans for rural communities and update zoning and other land use requirements for residential, commercial, and industrial land within them, according to senior planner Josette Griffiths.
The meeting will provide an overview of the process, discuss community boundary and zoning options, solicit comments, and answer questions from property owners and residents.
As part of the project, the county will:
n Prepare an unincorporated community plan for Odell. The plan will specify a community boundary; land use planning requirements; ability of public facilities to serve future land uses; and standards for future public improvements.
n Update county zoning regulations to guide future development in Odell, including allowable land uses, lot sizes for residential uses, and building sizes and types for new commercial development.
New zoning and development regulations for land in Odell will need to comply with state requirements and may differ somewhat from the existing plan and zoning ordinances. This planning effort also represents an opportunity for residents and landowners to suggest changes in zoning regulations to meet future community needs.
Community input is essential to the success of this effort, Griffiths said.
One or more additional meetings will be held subsequently to review and comment on a proposed plan and requirements for the area. There will be additional opportunities to provide written and verbal comments throughout the process.
For details contact Griffiths at 541-387-6840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge