Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Cooper Camp coming soon
Enrollment deadline for Cooper Spur Race Team's annual Cooper Camp is Dec. 20. The camp runs Dec. 27-30 and is designed to introduce young skiers ages 5-12 to racing and instruction-based skiing. For info or to register visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
Wrestling community says thanks
Hood River Valley High School wrestling team hosted a recent spaghetti feed fundraiser dinner and wants to thank those who helped make the event a success, including individuals and businesses who donated items for the auction, “Mean Pete and the Gang” for cooking, Ron Chamness for auctioneering, Hood River County Fair Board for the venue, Hood River County School District for the kitchen facilities, Hood River News and Gorge Radio for promotion and everyone who attended to support local wrestling.
Gorge Roller Girls bout Jan. 12
The Gorge Roller Girls will hold a bout Jan. 12 at Dufur High School in a Save Our Sports fundraiser. Specifically, the event will raise money for Dufur’s K-12 athletic programs. The bout will be between GRG’s two home teams, which are made up of women from all over the Columbia River Gorge. Tickets are $5 and are available in advance at the Dufur School Office or at the door the day of the event. For more info visit gorgerollergirls.com.
More like this story
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge