Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Cooper Camp coming soon
Enrollment deadline for Cooper Spur Race Team's annual Cooper Camp is Dec. 20. The camp runs Dec. 27-30 and is designed to introduce young skiers ages 5-12 to racing and instruction-based skiing. For info or to register visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
Wrestling community says thanks
Hood River Valley High School wrestling team hosted a recent spaghetti feed fundraiser dinner and wants to thank those who helped make the event a success, including individuals and businesses who donated items for the auction, “Mean Pete and the Gang” for cooking, Ron Chamness for auctioneering, Hood River County Fair Board for the venue, Hood River County School District for the kitchen facilities, Hood River News and Gorge Radio for promotion and everyone who attended to support local wrestling.
Gorge Roller Girls bout Jan. 12
The Gorge Roller Girls will hold a bout Jan. 12 at Dufur High School in a Save Our Sports fundraiser. Specifically, the event will raise money for Dufur’s K-12 athletic programs. The bout will be between GRG’s two home teams, which are made up of women from all over the Columbia River Gorge. Tickets are $5 and are available in advance at the Dufur School Office or at the door the day of the event. For more info visit gorgerollergirls.com.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge