Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The Hood River Warming Shelter works to ensure that homeless families and individuals have a warm and safe shelter during the dangerously cold winter months here in Hood River and the Columbia Gorge, according to Immanual Lutheran Pastor Jeff Mueller.
“The Upper Valley is hosting a fundraising event as a way to get the community more involved in this important task.,” Mueller writes.
“Please join us for a Silent Auction at the Mt. Hood Town Hall on Friday, Dec. 20 starting at 5 p.m. There are many great items donated by our local businesses. All proceeds directly benefit the Hood River Warming Shelter. Feel free to stop by anytime between 5 to 7 p.m. You do not need to be present to win. Refreshments, appetizers and desserts will be served. Those last minute Christmas gifts are waiting for you! “
Contact Nikki Stansel with any questions; 541-645-0341.
If you are unable to attend but still wish to help, here is a link to our fundraising website: http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/hood-river-warming-shelter/109440
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge