Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The Hood River Warming Shelter works to ensure that homeless families and individuals have a warm and safe shelter during the dangerously cold winter months here in Hood River and the Columbia Gorge, according to Immanual Lutheran Pastor Jeff Mueller.
“The Upper Valley is hosting a fundraising event as a way to get the community more involved in this important task.,” Mueller writes.
“Please join us for a Silent Auction at the Mt. Hood Town Hall on Friday, Dec. 20 starting at 5 p.m. There are many great items donated by our local businesses. All proceeds directly benefit the Hood River Warming Shelter. Feel free to stop by anytime between 5 to 7 p.m. You do not need to be present to win. Refreshments, appetizers and desserts will be served. Those last minute Christmas gifts are waiting for you! “
Contact Nikki Stansel with any questions; 541-645-0341.
If you are unable to attend but still wish to help, here is a link to our fundraising website: http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/hood-river-warming-shelter/109440
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge