Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The Hood River Warming Shelter works to ensure that homeless families and individuals have a warm and safe shelter during the dangerously cold winter months here in Hood River and the Columbia Gorge, according to Immanual Lutheran Pastor Jeff Mueller.
“The Upper Valley is hosting a fundraising event as a way to get the community more involved in this important task.,” Mueller writes.
“Please join us for a Silent Auction at the Mt. Hood Town Hall on Friday, Dec. 20 starting at 5 p.m. There are many great items donated by our local businesses. All proceeds directly benefit the Hood River Warming Shelter. Feel free to stop by anytime between 5 to 7 p.m. You do not need to be present to win. Refreshments, appetizers and desserts will be served. Those last minute Christmas gifts are waiting for you! “
Contact Nikki Stansel with any questions; 541-645-0341.
If you are unable to attend but still wish to help, here is a link to our fundraising website: http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/hood-river-warming-shelter/109440
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge