Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The Hood River Warming Shelter works to ensure that homeless families and individuals have a warm and safe shelter during the dangerously cold winter months here in Hood River and the Columbia Gorge, according to Immanual Lutheran Pastor Jeff Mueller.
“The Upper Valley is hosting a fundraising event as a way to get the community more involved in this important task.,” Mueller writes.
“Please join us for a Silent Auction at the Mt. Hood Town Hall on Friday, Dec. 20 starting at 5 p.m. There are many great items donated by our local businesses. All proceeds directly benefit the Hood River Warming Shelter. Feel free to stop by anytime between 5 to 7 p.m. You do not need to be present to win. Refreshments, appetizers and desserts will be served. Those last minute Christmas gifts are waiting for you! “
Contact Nikki Stansel with any questions; 541-645-0341.
If you are unable to attend but still wish to help, here is a link to our fundraising website: http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/hood-river-warming-shelter/109440
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge