Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Two expert fingerstyle guitar players will be at the White Salmon Guitar Co. for a house concert on Saturday, Dec. 28. Music starts at 7 p.m. and there is a suggested donation of $10-$15 for this all-ages show.
“Brooks Robertson has wowed guitar fans, even as a child. At age 14, he appeared on Garrison Keillor’s ‘A Prairie Home Companion’; in 2010, he won first place in the country category and second place overall in the Yamaha Six String Theory Guitar Competition.”
“Winner of the 2002 National Fingerstyle Guitar Contest and open division winner of the 2004 International Home of the Legends Competition, veteran guitarist John Standefer is a true master of fingerstyle guitar. John has traveled throughout the U.S. and abroad performing concerts, teaching master classes, and performing and recording with an impressive list of other artists. Over the years this versatile musician has produced many CDs, books and DVDs.”
A guitar workshop is scheduled for 3 p.m. A $35 fee includes the concert and pre-registration is required: email cwilson@whitesalmon guitar.com. White Salmon Guitar Co., 230 E. Jewett, White Salmon, Wash.; 509-254-1834.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge