Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Two expert fingerstyle guitar players will be at the White Salmon Guitar Co. for a house concert on Saturday, Dec. 28. Music starts at 7 p.m. and there is a suggested donation of $10-$15 for this all-ages show.
“Brooks Robertson has wowed guitar fans, even as a child. At age 14, he appeared on Garrison Keillor’s ‘A Prairie Home Companion’; in 2010, he won first place in the country category and second place overall in the Yamaha Six String Theory Guitar Competition.”
“Winner of the 2002 National Fingerstyle Guitar Contest and open division winner of the 2004 International Home of the Legends Competition, veteran guitarist John Standefer is a true master of fingerstyle guitar. John has traveled throughout the U.S. and abroad performing concerts, teaching master classes, and performing and recording with an impressive list of other artists. Over the years this versatile musician has produced many CDs, books and DVDs.”
A guitar workshop is scheduled for 3 p.m. A $35 fee includes the concert and pre-registration is required: email cwilson@whitesalmon guitar.com. White Salmon Guitar Co., 230 E. Jewett, White Salmon, Wash.; 509-254-1834.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge