Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The Oregon United for Marriage Hood River Committee will be gathering signatures from Dec.16-22, from Oregonians who would like to see the Marriage Equality initiative on the November 2014 ballot.
Signature gatherers with petitions available for signing will be walking along Oak Street each day, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The proposed Oregon Constitutional amendment would require the state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the same basis as opposite-sex couples; those marriages would be subject to the same laws that govern current marriages. It would continue to protect the existing right of religious institutions and clergy to refuse to perform a marriage.
Those signing the petition must be registered Oregon voters and may only sign the petition once.
For more information on the Hood River Oregon United for Marriage committee contact: Gary Young, garyyoung.hood
firstname.lastname@example.org; Colin Wood, viejomadera@
gmail.com, Elvida Frothingham, email@example.com, Mac Cornelison, rmcorn@
embarqmail.com or Raquel VanNatta, ratnvon@
A single-signature petition is available for download at on.fb.me/1c1t96a.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge