Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The Oregon United for Marriage Hood River Committee will be gathering signatures from Dec.16-22, from Oregonians who would like to see the Marriage Equality initiative on the November 2014 ballot.
Signature gatherers with petitions available for signing will be walking along Oak Street each day, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The proposed Oregon Constitutional amendment would require the state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the same basis as opposite-sex couples; those marriages would be subject to the same laws that govern current marriages. It would continue to protect the existing right of religious institutions and clergy to refuse to perform a marriage.
Those signing the petition must be registered Oregon voters and may only sign the petition once.
For more information on the Hood River Oregon United for Marriage committee contact: Gary Young, garyyoung.hood
firstname.lastname@example.org; Colin Wood, viejomadera@
gmail.com, Elvida Frothingham, email@example.com, Mac Cornelison, rmcorn@
embarqmail.com or Raquel VanNatta, ratnvon@
A single-signature petition is available for download at on.fb.me/1c1t96a.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge