Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The Oregon United for Marriage Hood River Committee will be gathering signatures from Dec.16-22, from Oregonians who would like to see the Marriage Equality initiative on the November 2014 ballot.
Signature gatherers with petitions available for signing will be walking along Oak Street each day, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The proposed Oregon Constitutional amendment would require the state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the same basis as opposite-sex couples; those marriages would be subject to the same laws that govern current marriages. It would continue to protect the existing right of religious institutions and clergy to refuse to perform a marriage.
Those signing the petition must be registered Oregon voters and may only sign the petition once.
For more information on the Hood River Oregon United for Marriage committee contact: Gary Young, garyyoung.hood
firstname.lastname@example.org; Colin Wood, viejomadera@
gmail.com, Elvida Frothingham, email@example.com, Mac Cornelison, rmcorn@
embarqmail.com or Raquel VanNatta, ratnvon@
A single-signature petition is available for download at on.fb.me/1c1t96a.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge