Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The Oregon United for Marriage Hood River Committee will be gathering signatures from Dec.16-22, from Oregonians who would like to see the Marriage Equality initiative on the November 2014 ballot.
Signature gatherers with petitions available for signing will be walking along Oak Street each day, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The proposed Oregon Constitutional amendment would require the state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the same basis as opposite-sex couples; those marriages would be subject to the same laws that govern current marriages. It would continue to protect the existing right of religious institutions and clergy to refuse to perform a marriage.
Those signing the petition must be registered Oregon voters and may only sign the petition once.
For more information on the Hood River Oregon United for Marriage committee contact: Gary Young, garyyoung.hood
email@example.com; Colin Wood, viejomadera@
gmail.com, Elvida Frothingham, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mac Cornelison, rmcorn@
embarqmail.com or Raquel VanNatta, ratnvon@
A single-signature petition is available for download at on.fb.me/1c1t96a.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge