Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The Oregon United for Marriage Hood River Committee will be gathering signatures from Dec.16-22, from Oregonians who would like to see the Marriage Equality initiative on the November 2014 ballot.
Signature gatherers with petitions available for signing will be walking along Oak Street each day, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The proposed Oregon Constitutional amendment would require the state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the same basis as opposite-sex couples; those marriages would be subject to the same laws that govern current marriages. It would continue to protect the existing right of religious institutions and clergy to refuse to perform a marriage.
Those signing the petition must be registered Oregon voters and may only sign the petition once.
For more information on the Hood River Oregon United for Marriage committee contact: Gary Young, garyyoung.hood
email@example.com; Colin Wood, viejomadera@
gmail.com, Elvida Frothingham, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mac Cornelison, rmcorn@
embarqmail.com or Raquel VanNatta, ratnvon@
A single-signature petition is available for download at on.fb.me/1c1t96a.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge