Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Julie Martz and Aubrey Davis, both of Parkdale, are planning to be married in Parkdale on June 21, 2014.
Julie is the daughter of Rick and Terri Martz of Parkdale. She graduated from Hood River Valley High School in 2006 and is a Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital employee.
Aubrey is the son of Ellen Davis, of Parkdale, and Phil and Kathy Davis, of Odell. He graduated from Hood River Valley High School in 2003 and is employed with D&P Orchards, his family business in Odell.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge