Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The History Museum is looking for volunteers to assist the Exhibit Team as they install “What if Heroes Were Not Welcome Home,” a special exhibit on loan from the Oregon Historical Society.
This exhibition uses firsthand accounts, photos, letters and historical documents to share the story of Japanese American soldiers returning home to Hood River after World War II.
The Exhibit Team will need help removing and packing current exhibits, installing large wall panels, designing and installing a window exhibit, creating interactive displays, and more. The team will be working over several days, but you do not have to be available every day to contribute.
Exhibit Team volunteer dates:
n Tuesday, Dec. 24, 1-5 p.m.
n Friday, Dec. 27, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
n Monday, Dec. 30, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
n Tuesday, Dec. 31, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
A variety of skills are needed to help with this exciting new exhibit, and this is a great opportunity to help your community connect the past and present.
For more information or to sign up, contact Carly Squyres, museum volunteer coordinator, at 541-386-6772 or email@example.com.
For more information on “What if Heroes Were Not Welcome Home,” contact the museum at 541-386-6772 or visit co.hood-river.or.us/
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge