Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The History Museum is looking for volunteers to assist the Exhibit Team as they install “What if Heroes Were Not Welcome Home,” a special exhibit on loan from the Oregon Historical Society.
This exhibition uses firsthand accounts, photos, letters and historical documents to share the story of Japanese American soldiers returning home to Hood River after World War II.
The Exhibit Team will need help removing and packing current exhibits, installing large wall panels, designing and installing a window exhibit, creating interactive displays, and more. The team will be working over several days, but you do not have to be available every day to contribute.
Exhibit Team volunteer dates:
n Tuesday, Dec. 24, 1-5 p.m.
n Friday, Dec. 27, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
n Monday, Dec. 30, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
n Tuesday, Dec. 31, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
A variety of skills are needed to help with this exciting new exhibit, and this is a great opportunity to help your community connect the past and present.
For more information or to sign up, contact Carly Squyres, museum volunteer coordinator, at 541-386-6772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on “What if Heroes Were Not Welcome Home,” contact the museum at 541-386-6772 or visit co.hood-river.or.us/
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge