Wednesday, December 18, 2013
“To the community of Hood River — I want to say thank you,” writes HRVHS junior Caitlyn Fick.
“Last weekend (Dec. 7) I put on a benefit silent auction and concert for an organization called Girl Up. I did have to complete this project as a part of my graduation requirements at HRVHS, but helping girls receive an education is something that I am passionate about and believe to be very important. I had been working on this project since June of 2013 and my worst fear was that on the night of Dec. 7, no one would show up to my event.
“This community showed me otherwise. I had more than 100 people show up at my event and I can’t even begin to express my gratitude and appreciation towards the people that came.
“This event was a true reflection of this town’s willingness to give to a good cause, support their young minds, and most importantly, it showed their heart. Thank you again for supporting me on this incredible journey. I really couldn’t have done it without you.”
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill