Wednesday, December 18, 2013
“To the community of Hood River — I want to say thank you,” writes HRVHS junior Caitlyn Fick.
“Last weekend (Dec. 7) I put on a benefit silent auction and concert for an organization called Girl Up. I did have to complete this project as a part of my graduation requirements at HRVHS, but helping girls receive an education is something that I am passionate about and believe to be very important. I had been working on this project since June of 2013 and my worst fear was that on the night of Dec. 7, no one would show up to my event.
“This community showed me otherwise. I had more than 100 people show up at my event and I can’t even begin to express my gratitude and appreciation towards the people that came.
“This event was a true reflection of this town’s willingness to give to a good cause, support their young minds, and most importantly, it showed their heart. Thank you again for supporting me on this incredible journey. I really couldn’t have done it without you.”
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge