Wednesday, December 18, 2013
“To the community of Hood River — I want to say thank you,” writes HRVHS junior Caitlyn Fick.
“Last weekend (Dec. 7) I put on a benefit silent auction and concert for an organization called Girl Up. I did have to complete this project as a part of my graduation requirements at HRVHS, but helping girls receive an education is something that I am passionate about and believe to be very important. I had been working on this project since June of 2013 and my worst fear was that on the night of Dec. 7, no one would show up to my event.
“This community showed me otherwise. I had more than 100 people show up at my event and I can’t even begin to express my gratitude and appreciation towards the people that came.
“This event was a true reflection of this town’s willingness to give to a good cause, support their young minds, and most importantly, it showed their heart. Thank you again for supporting me on this incredible journey. I really couldn’t have done it without you.”
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge