Wednesday, December 18, 2013
“To the community of Hood River — I want to say thank you,” writes HRVHS junior Caitlyn Fick.
“Last weekend (Dec. 7) I put on a benefit silent auction and concert for an organization called Girl Up. I did have to complete this project as a part of my graduation requirements at HRVHS, but helping girls receive an education is something that I am passionate about and believe to be very important. I had been working on this project since June of 2013 and my worst fear was that on the night of Dec. 7, no one would show up to my event.
“This community showed me otherwise. I had more than 100 people show up at my event and I can’t even begin to express my gratitude and appreciation towards the people that came.
“This event was a true reflection of this town’s willingness to give to a good cause, support their young minds, and most importantly, it showed their heart. Thank you again for supporting me on this incredible journey. I really couldn’t have done it without you.”
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge