Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Knights of Columbus free throw contest Jan. 4
Attention hoopsters ages 9-14, the annual Knights of Columbus free throw contest is coming to Hood River Valley High School on Saturday, Jan. 4. Participants can show up and compete any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. that day (entry fee and parent signature required). Winners of each of the 12 divisions will receive trophies. The contest is open to all Hood River County and White Salmon area youth.
HRV softball hosts gift-wrapping fundraiser this weekend
Hood River Valley High School softball program is hosting a holiday gift wrapping fundraiser this weekend, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 14-15 at the City of Hood River Fire Department station on May Street. Bring unwrapped gifts and let student athletes wrap them for you. Donation for the service will help fund the softball program.
Columbia Gorge Baseball hosts pitching camp
Columbia Gorge Baseball and Portland Pitching is hosting a series of three off-season pitching camps running Jan. 5, 9 and 26 at Hood River Valley High School’s indoor batting facility. The camp will be split in to age groups of 10-12 and 13-14 and will include dynamic stretching, pitching mechanics, drills, goal setting and mental components and strategies of pitching.
Prices are $30 per 90-minute session or $75 for all three. There’s a limit of six players per session. To register call CGB at 509-540-1309 or visit portlandpitching.com/cgb-pitching-camp
Freeze Your Gizzard Blizzard run/walk is Dec. 28 in TD
The annual Freeze Your Gizzard Blizzard 3K-5K-10K run is set for 10 a.m. Dec. 28 at Lewis and Clark Festival Park in The Dalles. Proceeds for this event go to Colonel Wright Elementary physical education’s Jumpstart Summer Basketball scholarship fund.
Day-of registration starts at 9 a.m. and is $25 with a shirt or $10 without. All events start and finish at the park and will run rain, shine, ice, sleet or snow. Call Tom Concklin for more info at 541-340-0926.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge