Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Barry Bushue was re-elected to an eighth two-year term as president of Oregon Farm Bureau during the 81st OFB Annual Meeting in Bend, Dec. 10-12. A third-generation farmer, Bushue runs a family nursery, berry, and flowering basket operation near Boring.
“I thank you for your trust and confidence that I will continue to do good work on behalf of Farm Bureau,” said Bushue. “I believe in and am proud of our grassroots process and am passionate about enacting public policy that protects Oregon’s family farmers and ranchers. Through Farm Bureau we secure progress for agriculture that we could never accomplish alone.”
Bushue is also vice president of the American Farm Bureau Federation and will serve in this capacity during the AFBF Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Jan. 12-15. Bushue, an east Multnomah County berry and nursery stock producer, is OFB’s 15th president.
Elected to a third two-year term as OFB 2nd vice president was Peggy Browne of Baker County Farm Bureau. As OFB 2nd vice president, Browne focuses on national legislative activities for the organization. She operates a family cattle ranch along with a natural resource consulting firm in North Powder.
Mickey Killingsworth of Jefferson County Farm Bureau was elected to a first two-year term as chair of the OFB Women’s Advisory Council. As WAC chair, Killingsworth becomes the OFB 4th vice president. She raises sheep on a farm in Madras.
The state’s largest general farm organization, Oregon Farm Bureau is a grassroots, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization representing the interests of the state’s family farmers and ranchers in the public and policymaking arenas.
First established in Oregon in 1919, Farm Bureau is organized in all 36 counties and has 7,500 member families that are professionally engaged in agriculture.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge