Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Exhibit Team volunteer dates
Tuesday, Dec. 24, 1-5 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 27, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 30, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 31, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
The History Museum is looking for volunteers to assist the Exhibit Team as they install “What if Heroes Were Not Welcome Home,” a special exhibit on loan from the Oregon Historical Society.
This exhibition uses firsthand accounts, photos, letters and historical documents to share the story of Japanese American soldiers returning home to Hood River after World War II.
The Exhibit Team will need help removing and packing current exhibits, installing large wall panels, designing and installing a window exhibit, creating interactive displays, and more. The team will be working over several days, but you do not have to be available every day to contribute.
A variety of skills are needed to help with this exciting new exhibit, and this is a great opportunity to help your community connect the past and present.
For more information or to sign up, contact Carly Squyres, museum volunteer coordinator, at 541-386-6772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on “What if Heroes Were Not Welcome Home,” contact the museum at 541-386-6772 or visit co.hood-river.or.us/mu-seum.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge