Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Knights of Columbus free throw contest Jan. 4
Attention hoopsters ages 9-14, the annual Knights of Columbus free throw contest is coming to Hood River Valley High School on Saturday, Jan. 4. Participants can show up and compete any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. that day (entry fee and parent signature required). Winners of each of the 12 divisions will receive trophies.
Gorge Roller Girls bout Jan. 12
The Gorge Roller Girls will hold a bout Jan. 12 at Dufur High School in a Save Our Sports fundraiser. Specifically, the event will raise money for Dufur’s K-12 athletic programs. The bout will be between GRG’s two home teams, which are made up of women from all over the Columbia River Gorge. Tickets are $5 and are available in advance at the Dufur School Office or at the door the day of the event. For more info visit gorgerollergirls.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge