Friday, December 27, 2013
Santos Mariscal Sr.
Santos Acosta Mariscal Sr., 67, passed away in his home Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013, at his home on Van Horn Drive in the Hood River Valley, Ore., surrounded by his loving family. His death comes just two and a half months after the death of his beloved wife, Celia (Sally) Mariscal. Santos was born Jan. 25, 1946, in Garcia de la Cadena, Mexico.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Louis Anthony "Lou" Goyack, 91, passed away Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, at his home in Hood River, Ore. Louis was born Jan. 23, 1922.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge