Saturday, December 28, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery kicks off 2014 with a lineup of artists from around the Northwest, all engaging in some form of elemental of artistic expression: drawing.
There will be an opening reception Jan. 10, 6-8 p.m., featuring blues musicians Tess and Patrik Barr.
“Pen, Paper and Beyond” curator Rachel Harvey said the show includes Ben Dewey, who has done freelance work for Marvel and Dark Horse, and other award-winning artists such as scratchboard artist Judy Fairley and recent New York transplant Gavin McClure.
Hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 213 Cascade Ave. More info: columbiaarts.org.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge