Saturday, December 28, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery kicks off 2014 with a lineup of artists from around the Northwest, all engaging in some form of elemental of artistic expression: drawing.
There will be an opening reception Jan. 10, 6-8 p.m., featuring blues musicians Tess and Patrik Barr.
“Pen, Paper and Beyond” curator Rachel Harvey said the show includes Ben Dewey, who has done freelance work for Marvel and Dark Horse, and other award-winning artists such as scratchboard artist Judy Fairley and recent New York transplant Gavin McClure.
Hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 213 Cascade Ave. More info: columbiaarts.org.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge