Saturday, December 28, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery kicks off 2014 with a lineup of artists from around the Northwest, all engaging in some form of elemental of artistic expression: drawing.
There will be an opening reception Jan. 10, 6-8 p.m., featuring blues musicians Tess and Patrik Barr.
“Pen, Paper and Beyond” curator Rachel Harvey said the show includes Ben Dewey, who has done freelance work for Marvel and Dark Horse, and other award-winning artists such as scratchboard artist Judy Fairley and recent New York transplant Gavin McClure.
Hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 213 Cascade Ave. More info: columbiaarts.org.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge