Saturday, December 28, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery kicks off 2014 with a lineup of artists from around the Northwest, all engaging in some form of elemental of artistic expression: drawing.
There will be an opening reception Jan. 10, 6-8 p.m., featuring blues musicians Tess and Patrik Barr.
“Pen, Paper and Beyond” curator Rachel Harvey said the show includes Ben Dewey, who has done freelance work for Marvel and Dark Horse, and other award-winning artists such as scratchboard artist Judy Fairley and recent New York transplant Gavin McClure.
Hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 213 Cascade Ave. More info: columbiaarts.org.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge