Saturday, December 28, 2013
Health Media is:
Health Media youth at HRVHS and Wy’east and Hood River middle schools gather after school each week to work on projects that empower our youth to develop media messages for their peers, community and parents with the goal of reducing use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
The students are advised by Belinda Ballah, prevention coordinator with Hood River County Commission on Children and Families.
n creating club shirts
n Radio PSAs in Spanish and English
n Twice-yearly “Sticker Shock” bottle labeling at local retailers to remind consumers to not purchase alcohol for minors and to drink responsibly
n Twice-annual Tobacco Reward and Reminder to remind retailers to not sell to minors
n Environmental assessments of tobacco use at events and in parks
n Letters to the editor
n Write informational articles
n Distribution of window decals that state No Smoking within 10 feet of doors, windows
n Educate club members on how to use positive social norming campaigns
n Develop theater ads
n Presentations to boards and coalitions
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control