Saturday, December 28, 2013
Here are some ideas for fun things to do in the next week:
4-H Trash to Treasure workshop
School-aged children (K-12) will learn how to up-cycle old picture frames into a calendar that they can use all year long on Dec. 30, from 2-4 p.m. at the OSU Extension Office in Hood River. The workshop is free to 4-H members; $5 to non-members.
Knights of Columbus free throws
Attention hoopsters ages 9-14, the annual Knights of Columbus free throw contest is coming to Hood River Valley High School on Saturday, Jan. 4. Participants can show up and compete any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. (Entry fee and parent signature required.) Winners of each of the 12 divisions will receive trophies.
History Museum holds open house
The History Museum of Hood River will hold a holiday open house on Dec. 28 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the museum. (Details on page A1.)
The event will feature hot drinks, family-friendly activities and live music, in addition to the museum’s regular exhibits and kid-friendly opportunities in the Exploration Space. Admission is free. Attendees are asked to bring a canned good or non-perishable food item for FISH food bank.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge