Saturday, December 28, 2013
Here are some ideas for fun things to do in the next week:
4-H Trash to Treasure workshop
School-aged children (K-12) will learn how to up-cycle old picture frames into a calendar that they can use all year long on Dec. 30, from 2-4 p.m. at the OSU Extension Office in Hood River. The workshop is free to 4-H members; $5 to non-members.
Knights of Columbus free throws
Attention hoopsters ages 9-14, the annual Knights of Columbus free throw contest is coming to Hood River Valley High School on Saturday, Jan. 4. Participants can show up and compete any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. (Entry fee and parent signature required.) Winners of each of the 12 divisions will receive trophies.
History Museum holds open house
The History Museum of Hood River will hold a holiday open house on Dec. 28 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the museum. (Details on page A1.)
The event will feature hot drinks, family-friendly activities and live music, in addition to the museum’s regular exhibits and kid-friendly opportunities in the Exploration Space. Admission is free. Attendees are asked to bring a canned good or non-perishable food item for FISH food bank.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge