Friday, February 1, 2013
Next Door Inc., based in Hood River, succeeded this week in meeting its first-ever matching grant.
Nearly 280 donations totaled $101,925 to match the $100,000 Luhr Jensen grant from and Phil and Judy Jensen of Hood River.
Details in the Feb. 6 edition.
NDI, now in its 42nd year, is the largest social service agency in Hood River County, and also provides services in Wasco and Klickitat counties.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge