Friday, February 1, 2013
Next Door Inc., based in Hood River, succeeded this week in meeting its first-ever matching grant.
Nearly 280 donations totaled $101,925 to match the $100,000 Luhr Jensen grant from and Phil and Judy Jensen of Hood River.
Details in the Feb. 6 edition.
NDI, now in its 42nd year, is the largest social service agency in Hood River County, and also provides services in Wasco and Klickitat counties.
More like this story
- Service Annoucements for Nov. 25 edition: Westlake Cannon and Theodore LaDoux
- Death Notices for Nov. 25 edition:
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge