Friday, February 1, 2013
Next Door Inc., based in Hood River, succeeded this week in meeting its first-ever matching grant.
Nearly 280 donations totaled $101,925 to match the $100,000 Luhr Jensen grant from and Phil and Judy Jensen of Hood River.
Details in the Feb. 6 edition.
NDI, now in its 42nd year, is the largest social service agency in Hood River County, and also provides services in Wasco and Klickitat counties.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge