Friday, February 1, 2013
Yoga for MS class
Yoga for MS is a four-week yoga therapy program to address specific needs and symptoms of multiple sclerosis, taught by Meg Becker, certified therapist. It will be held from noon-1 p.m. on Thursdays during February at Synergy Studio, 1120 Pine St., Hood River.
The class fee is $100; register with Community Ed at 541-386-2055 or online at www.hrcommunity-ed.org.
Learn about acupuncture and Oriental medicine
A class offered by Hood River Community Education, “How Acupuncture Works,” an introduction to acupuncture and self-acupuncture techniques, will be held from 7-8 p.m. at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St., Hood River.
The class, presented by Carola Stepper, LAc, will include information on acupuncture and Oriental medicine as a complete health care system. The cost is $8; register with Community Ed at 541-386-2055 or www.hrcommunity-ed.org.
First aid class at the fire station
On Feb. 7 and 9, Community Education will offer a first aid class at the Hood River Fire Station. “Heartsaver CPR, AED and First Aid” will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the fire station, 1785 Meyer Parkway.
The class is intended for individuals who have a duty to respond to a first aid or cardiac emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements. Cost is $45.
To register contact Hood River Community Ed at 541-386-2055 or www.hrcommunity-ed.org.
GEM holds annual celebration Feb. 10
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries’ annual celebration will be held Feb. 10 at 5 p.m., at Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road.
The event is free and open to the public.
Keynote speaker The Rev. John Boonstra, of Bethel Congregational United Church of Christ in White Salmon, Wash., will speak on “Building a Movement of the Faithful.”
GEM will also present the 2012 Inspired Service and Action Award to Andy Wade in celebration of his service to the Hood River Warming Shelter.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge