Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys and girls basketball teams moved to 0-5 in league action after a pair of tough losses against the Hermiston Bulldogs Friday night. The loss is the ninth straight for the boys and the eighth for the girls in what is turning out to be a bumpy season.
On the road, the boys put in a solid effort against the 4-1 (league) Bulldogs, but 20 turnovers and zero for nine from the three-point line was too much to overcome in the 57-48 loss.
Ryan Wheat had 20 points and six rebounds, Luke Kopecky had 14 points and seven rebounds, Eli Fults had seven points and 12 rebounds and Wyatt Webber had seven points, four rebounds and four assists.
At home, the HRV girls had an even tougher time against the Bulldogs (4-1 league). Lauren Winans led the Eagles with eight points in the 77-29 loss. Laura Waller had seven points and Jestena Mattson had six points for the night.
Both teams hosted The Dalles-Wahtonka Tuesday evening; the girls at 5:30 p.m. and the boys at 7 p.m. Results were not available as of press time.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge