Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys and girls basketball teams moved to 0-5 in league action after a pair of tough losses against the Hermiston Bulldogs Friday night. The loss is the ninth straight for the boys and the eighth for the girls in what is turning out to be a bumpy season.
On the road, the boys put in a solid effort against the 4-1 (league) Bulldogs, but 20 turnovers and zero for nine from the three-point line was too much to overcome in the 57-48 loss.
Ryan Wheat had 20 points and six rebounds, Luke Kopecky had 14 points and seven rebounds, Eli Fults had seven points and 12 rebounds and Wyatt Webber had seven points, four rebounds and four assists.
At home, the HRV girls had an even tougher time against the Bulldogs (4-1 league). Lauren Winans led the Eagles with eight points in the 77-29 loss. Laura Waller had seven points and Jestena Mattson had six points for the night.
Both teams hosted The Dalles-Wahtonka Tuesday evening; the girls at 5:30 p.m. and the boys at 7 p.m. Results were not available as of press time.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge