Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys and girls basketball teams moved to 0-5 in league action after a pair of tough losses against the Hermiston Bulldogs Friday night. The loss is the ninth straight for the boys and the eighth for the girls in what is turning out to be a bumpy season.
On the road, the boys put in a solid effort against the 4-1 (league) Bulldogs, but 20 turnovers and zero for nine from the three-point line was too much to overcome in the 57-48 loss.
Ryan Wheat had 20 points and six rebounds, Luke Kopecky had 14 points and seven rebounds, Eli Fults had seven points and 12 rebounds and Wyatt Webber had seven points, four rebounds and four assists.
At home, the HRV girls had an even tougher time against the Bulldogs (4-1 league). Lauren Winans led the Eagles with eight points in the 77-29 loss. Laura Waller had seven points and Jestena Mattson had six points for the night.
Both teams hosted The Dalles-Wahtonka Tuesday evening; the girls at 5:30 p.m. and the boys at 7 p.m. Results were not available as of press time.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Dec. 2
- Death notices for Dec. 2
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge