Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Tina Jorgensen of Glenwood, a recovery room nurse at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, is traveling with an aid group to Haiti and asks the community for help.
Jorgensen will be traveling with Operation Rainbow March 2-20 to volunteer to help children, in a team of 14. They will do 35-40 surgeries in one week.
The team needs a variety of medications and supplies.
“The surgeries we do will be for children who suffer from cerebral palsy, club foot and traumatic injuries suffered during the hurricane in 2010,” she said.
To donate, go to operationrainbow.org, and type in Tina Jorgensen in the search box.
“It would be an honor to give to the people of Haiti from our town,” said Jorgensen, who was born at Hood River Memorial Hospital. Her family has lived in Hood River all their lives.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge