Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Tina Jorgensen of Glenwood, a recovery room nurse at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, is traveling with an aid group to Haiti and asks the community for help.
Jorgensen will be traveling with Operation Rainbow March 2-20 to volunteer to help children, in a team of 14. They will do 35-40 surgeries in one week.
The team needs a variety of medications and supplies.
“The surgeries we do will be for children who suffer from cerebral palsy, club foot and traumatic injuries suffered during the hurricane in 2010,” she said.
To donate, go to operationrainbow.org, and type in Tina Jorgensen in the search box.
“It would be an honor to give to the people of Haiti from our town,” said Jorgensen, who was born at Hood River Memorial Hospital. Her family has lived in Hood River all their lives.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays