Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Tina Jorgensen of Glenwood, a recovery room nurse at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, is traveling with an aid group to Haiti and asks the community for help.
Jorgensen will be traveling with Operation Rainbow March 2-20 to volunteer to help children, in a team of 14. They will do 35-40 surgeries in one week.
The team needs a variety of medications and supplies.
“The surgeries we do will be for children who suffer from cerebral palsy, club foot and traumatic injuries suffered during the hurricane in 2010,” she said.
To donate, go to operationrainbow.org, and type in Tina Jorgensen in the search box.
“It would be an honor to give to the people of Haiti from our town,” said Jorgensen, who was born at Hood River Memorial Hospital. Her family has lived in Hood River all their lives.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge