Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Tina Jorgensen of Glenwood, a recovery room nurse at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, is traveling with an aid group to Haiti and asks the community for help.
Jorgensen will be traveling with Operation Rainbow March 2-20 to volunteer to help children, in a team of 14. They will do 35-40 surgeries in one week.
The team needs a variety of medications and supplies.
“The surgeries we do will be for children who suffer from cerebral palsy, club foot and traumatic injuries suffered during the hurricane in 2010,” she said.
To donate, go to operationrainbow.org, and type in Tina Jorgensen in the search box.
“It would be an honor to give to the people of Haiti from our town,” said Jorgensen, who was born at Hood River Memorial Hospital. Her family has lived in Hood River all their lives.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge