Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Hood River, The Dalles, Summit and Grant high school skiers were treated to sunny skies and soft course conditions Saturday for a giant slalom race at Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort.
Continuing their trail of dominance, the HRV varsity girls placed four racers in the top five and took the team win by almost 30 seconds over second-place The Dalles. Lucy McLean remains unbeaten for the girls squad with a two-run time that was less than a second off of the fastest varsity boys skier, Eli Holeman of The Dalles.
The HRV boys won the overall race by just under 10 seconds combined time, with William Lamer posting the fastest boys time at a second off the winning pace. Ryan Colesar and Patrick Crompton were close on his heels in third and fourth and Nick Cooper in 12th to help secure the overall win.
Next up in Mt. Hood Ski League action is a slalom race Feb. 9 at Skibowl.
HRV girls team: 1st, time diff. 29.46 seconds
HRV boys team: 1st, time diff. 9.63 seconds
HRV Girls top 5: (run 1, run 2, total)
Lucy McLean, 1st, 33.20, 34.21, 1:07.41
Korey Cimock, 2nd, 24.22, 34.96, 1:09.18
Molly Clarke, 3rd, 37.03, 37.85, 1:14.88
Sadie Shepard, 5th, 37.97, 38.71, 1:16.68
Allie Ferrick, 11th, 40.19, 41.77, 1:21.96
HRV boys top 5:
William Lamer, 2nd, 32.75, 34.91, 1:07.66
Ryan Colesar, 3rd, 33.95, 34.89, 1:08.84
Patrick Crompton, 4th, 34.77, 36.73, 1:11.50
Nick Cooper, 12th, 38.24, 40.11, 1:18.35
William Ferrick, 23rd, 44.49, 45.63, 1:30.12
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge