Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Hood River, The Dalles, Summit and Grant high school skiers were treated to sunny skies and soft course conditions Saturday for a giant slalom race at Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort.
Continuing their trail of dominance, the HRV varsity girls placed four racers in the top five and took the team win by almost 30 seconds over second-place The Dalles. Lucy McLean remains unbeaten for the girls squad with a two-run time that was less than a second off of the fastest varsity boys skier, Eli Holeman of The Dalles.
The HRV boys won the overall race by just under 10 seconds combined time, with William Lamer posting the fastest boys time at a second off the winning pace. Ryan Colesar and Patrick Crompton were close on his heels in third and fourth and Nick Cooper in 12th to help secure the overall win.
Next up in Mt. Hood Ski League action is a slalom race Feb. 9 at Skibowl.
HRV girls team: 1st, time diff. 29.46 seconds
HRV boys team: 1st, time diff. 9.63 seconds
HRV Girls top 5: (run 1, run 2, total)
Lucy McLean, 1st, 33.20, 34.21, 1:07.41
Korey Cimock, 2nd, 24.22, 34.96, 1:09.18
Molly Clarke, 3rd, 37.03, 37.85, 1:14.88
Sadie Shepard, 5th, 37.97, 38.71, 1:16.68
Allie Ferrick, 11th, 40.19, 41.77, 1:21.96
HRV boys top 5:
William Lamer, 2nd, 32.75, 34.91, 1:07.66
Ryan Colesar, 3rd, 33.95, 34.89, 1:08.84
Patrick Crompton, 4th, 34.77, 36.73, 1:11.50
Nick Cooper, 12th, 38.24, 40.11, 1:18.35
William Ferrick, 23rd, 44.49, 45.63, 1:30.12
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge