Tuesday, February 5, 2013
The 2013 United Way of the Columbia Gorge allocations application packets will be available throughout the month of February from the United Way of the Columbia Gorge office.
An electronic version of the packet will be emailed upon request to any nonprofit human service program in Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Klickitat and Skamania counties.
All applications must be completed and mailed to the UWCG office by Thursday, Feb. 28.
As part of a thorough screening process, funding applicants are required to give a presentation to the UWCG allocations committee in March. Information about the scheduling of these presentations can be found in the packet or online at unitedwaycolumbiagorge.org (“Apply for Funding”).
For more information or to request an electronic copy of the application, contact: Alison Church, campaign/allocations manager, United Way of the Columbia Gorge, 541-386-6100, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Truck hauling boulders crashes into trees
- Service Announcement: Auren Mitchell
- Death notices for April 26: Paul Pace, Jr., Paul Henson, Ruth French, William Lytle, Beverly Schmidt and Irene Wester
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge