Friday, February 8, 2013
Nancy Ann Barkley passed away peacefully, Feb. 5, 2013, at Parkhurst House in Hood River, Ore.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Lynn D. Bump, 56, passed away peacefully Feb. 7, 2013, at Mt. Hood Medical Center in Gresham, Ore.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1496103/Bump-Lynn/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
With family by her side, Rosa Eva Ruiz, 65, passed away peacefully at her home in Mosier, Ore., on Feb. 3, 2013. Rosa was born in Guadalajara, Mexico, on May 8, 1947, to Lydia and Nicholas Ruiz.
She will be missed by her son and daughter-in-law, Jim and Nicki Ruiz, and granddaughter Alexis Ruiz.
Services are pending. Arrangements are under the direction of Gardner Funeral Home, 1270 N. Main, White Salmon, Wash.; 509-493-1323.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge