Friday, February 8, 2013
Horizon Christian School’s girls basketball team won successive games for the second time this season Tuesday, when the Hawks scored a season high in points during a 55-40 victory vs. visiting Central Christian.
Horizon led by as many as nine points in the first half and 23-22 at halftime, but the Hawks fell behind briefly early in the third period. Katie Tolbert scored 12 of her career-high 23 points in the third quarter, as Horizon responded with an 11-0 run to build a 40-30 lead.
Tolbert came within a rebound of a double-double, which would have matched teammates Kacie Nielsen (14 points, 12 rebounds) and Marlie Bloomster (11 and 15). Bloomster also had eight assists.
The unbeaten Horizon boys team defeated Central, 63-17. The Hawks led 35-2 after one quarter, when leading scorer Matt Totaro scored all his points. Nick Andersen led Horizon in rebounding with 16.
Horizon was scheduled to end its regular season Friday with games at Sherman County (girls at 6 p.m., boys at 7:30 p.m.).
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge