Friday, February 8, 2013
Columbia Gorge Community College is hosting an annual Renewable Energy Technology (RET) Career Fair for enrolled students on March 7 from 10 a.m. to noon.
This career fair attracts highly skilled RET students with experience in electrical systems, mechanical systems and electronics with a focus on the renewable-energy industry. Many RET students have previous degrees or extensive life experience.
Employers from any realm of the RET sector — wind, solar, hydro and electronics — are invited to attend to share information about their company and/or jobs in the sector.
Employers are encouraged to register today to secure a booth space for March 7. Employers may register to have a booth at the event by visiting the RET website at http://www.renewableenergycareers.org. The event will be held in the lecture hall in Building Two at Columbia Gorge Community College. Electricity and wireless Internet are available on an as-needed basis.
Students in the RET program may receive a nine-month certificate or a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree. Both programs have coursework in electrical engineering, mechanics, and electronics.
The nine-month certificate program prepares students for employment in renewable energy with a focus on the wind industry. The two-year degree program prepares students for employment in a broad range of industries including wind-generation, hydro-generation, solar-generation, automated manufacturing and engineering.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events